What are the required PDF specifications?
We advise the following PDF settings:
- Non-flattened Acrobat 5 (PDF 1.4) file
- First page (cover) should be included as single page, subsequent pages can be included as single pages or spreads
- Check for all pages if the TrimBox is set right
- Automatic maximum quality JPEG compression
- Don't convert text to outlines (embed fonts) as otherwise the text can not be indexed by search engines
- Preferably 300 dpi
- Maximum 100 MB
- Don't separate URLs and email addresses in your text by line breaks and add a blank space on each side of the URL/email address
- If you have added link frames in your PDF, make sure that these are smaller than the actual page
Click here for some screenshots showing how you can export a PDF from Adobe InDesign.